Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 11 December 2020

The 2nd Somersetshires thicken the skirmish line


I'm clearing the decks in preparation for The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge and I had a few built and primed British infantry set aside.

The General d'Armee rules allow for a thickening of the Brigade skirmish screen so I thought that these would be useful to represent men from the centre companies sent out to add to the skirmish line.


As I've already painted a unit representing the 2nd Battalion, 40th (2nd Somersetshire) Regiment of Foot this would give me an opportunity to take a break from all those white belts and straps and do some in buff again. 


I also added a sergeant who can also be used as a leader in our Sharp Practice game if this log see service as a unit of Skirmishers.


All the figures are plastics from the Perry Miniatures Plastic Napoleonic British Line Infantry box set and are a nice change from the Warlord plastics.


I've decided to give a Carson Visor a try, especially when doing the highlights and fine detail, and although it's a little uncomfortable to wear I am finding it really does improve my results.


It's also really useful for cleaning up and assembling figures, the mold lines and flash I missed before are much easier to see. 

Next unit on deck is a battalion of French line and a Pierre Ducos on foot and I think once they are done we'll be into the Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Splendid additionsvery nice posed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking skirmishers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lookingr reinforcement, Scrivs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are superb, Paul. Really very nice indeed. I do like the Perry Miniatures Napoleonics and I should really try to finish a unit. These are inspiring.
    Best wishes,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason, the Perry plastics are a joy to build and paint.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful paint job and basing.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Paul. I like how you base your skirmishers on round bases. I hope you don't mind if I borrow that? My naps are 6mm however.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete