Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 6 December 2020

Light Dragoon reinforcements

 


A few weeks ago I painted some British Light Dragoons, but I only had sixteen figures available, leaving me with two small units of eight, well outnumbered by the four twelve strong French units in the last game.

I've purchased another box of the Perry Miniatures British Light Dragoons 1808-15 that not only allows me to add a third unit, but also to bring the current two units more up to strength.

The first unit that I've added two new figures to is the 16th (The Queen's Own) Regiment of Light Dragoons that was the first unit I painted, bringing them up to five bases so now constitute a standard sized unit.

I've learned my lesson of the previous builds and these chaps all have their carbines attached in the right place.

The 11th Light Dragoons that I painted most recently are also bought up to five bases strong.


The remaining ten figures in the box will be painted over the next few weeks as the 12th (Prince of Wales's) Light Dragoons and that will complete the 4th British Cavalry Brigade. 

As I add more units the couple of spare figures in each of the box sets will allow me to make all units six bases strong eventually. 

24 comments:

  1. Those turned out well. Been meaning to ask - a lot of your stuff looks like it has a matte finish - is this a varnish, or just the paints you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcus.
      The varnish is Windsor & Newton Professional Matt Varnish (the General Purpose stuff is not so good).
      I always apply two coats.
      I get mine from Jerrys Artarama:

      https://www.jerrysartarama.com/winsor-newton-artist-sprays

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work, Paul! Your horses look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Paul, handsome cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cavalry, Scrivs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking units, obviously they will sweep all before them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do hope so - unless I happen to be playing the French that game.

      Delete
  6. Excellent work Paul! I always thought of myself as a Tarleton guy, but now your great work has me rethinking how good the later uniforms look. These can play in the later peninsula too. Hmmm
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, I do have enough to do a unit in Tarletons (I bought spare horses) so you never know if I fancy a change you may see some.

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking light dragoons!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice indeed Paul...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're turning out amazing figures at an astonishing rate of knots! Well done matey :o)
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete