Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 6 March 2020

Star Wars: Legion - Boba Fett


.....NEW PROJECT ALERT.....NEW PROJECT ALERT.....NEW PROJECT ALERT.....NEW PROJECT ALERT.....NEW PROJECT ALERT.....NEW PROJECT ALERT.....NEW PROJECT ALERT.....

Well I've gone a whole two months of the year sticking to my "No new projects" goal and one wedding anniversary trip to Disneyland later I've started something new.

Actually it's not just me, this is a husband and wife project, yes Victoria is in on in too.


Not many of us have a wife who has a favourite bounty hunter, but I do, Victoria is a big fab of Boba Fett, so I bought this figure to paint up for her wedding anniversary gift. While at Disneyland we spent about a whole day wandering around Batuu and decided we needed more Star Wars in our life.


Back from the trip we dropped into our local games store and bought the Star Wars: Legion basic set from Fantasy Flight Games plus another squad of troops each.


We are both cracking on with painting, I'm doing the Rebels and Victoria is working on her Stormtroopers and we are already sketching out some terrain designs we can use for our battlefields. It's going to be a blast!


Pinching my nose somewhat at $12.00 for a single figure, but Boba Fett is a very nice model to paint and did not feel like it too me too long at all to do my usual base-coat, wash, highlights. Victoria is delighted with him and he has pride of place on the shelf above her desk.


Oh and for further inspiration we have already watched all the episodes of The Mandalorian - twice!

18 comments:

  1. The first rule of a happy marriage is to learn to say `Yes Dear!' with conviction and sincerity. A well painted Bobba is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Looks great. Let us know how the Star Wars games go.

    Makes me wonder why I never made the leap from history to Star Wars.🤔

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, we are at the point where we almost have enough stuff painted for a game

      Delete
  3. Cool looking midel and great paint job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis a slippery slope ... I expect that will not be your last Star Wars miniature :-) Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jay, I've got quite a lot more almost ready for posting

      Delete
  5. Very nice work. I wanted to get into SW Legion but the scale of the figures and the fact that FFG wrote the rules put me off somewhat. I'm still vaguely considering getting a few smaller squads though to play Galactic Heroes... looking forward to seeing your project anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I quite like X-Wing, but, I was thinking that if I hate the rules I can always do some Chain of Command variant with them.

      Delete
    2. I haven't played X-Wing...I played a lot of Armada and found it fun at first, but a bit gimmicky and really it's all about list building and keeping up with the "meta", rather than tactics as such. I got sick of it in the end. I have heard from people who play Legion it is a bit the same: fun but gimmicky. Interested to see how you find it, and if you end up doing a CoC version!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, It's a project for Victoria and I so hopefully by not playing outside our group it will not turn into too much of an arms race.

      Delete