Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday, 1 February 2014

Perry Miniatures 2-pdr and some Desert Rats conversions

My 2-pdr anti-tank gun arrived on Thursday evening so before going to the wargames club it was cleaned up an stuck together. As soon as I got home from work last night it had a coat of primer and I did the base-coat and wash of Vallejo Sepia as well as the base texturing.

Rising early this morning I did the highlights and painted the base and it's fresh from a blast of Testors Dullcote.

Here are some images, it's going to be in action tomorrow at the campaign day that Tim is running.





I already had the base-coat and wash done on a couple of conversions I made from the Desert Rats set, first of all a Bren gun on an anti-aircraft mount, this was a very simple one, it's just the normal Bren arms on a standing body with the tripod fashioned from brass rod.



I also made a couple of stretcher bearers, the stretchers are two pieces of brass rod glued together and then wrapped in tissue paper that is set with super-glue.