Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 16 February 2014

Holiday Cottage Painting update day 2

Pawton Barn
Victoria and I arrived in Cornwall yesterday afternoon and found our location, the lovely Pawton Barn, the past couple of years we have stayed at The Swallows in St. Merryn but that is no longer available.

After we got unpacked and explorer the locale I set up my painting tackle on the dining table and set to to make a start on my painting and soon had a couple of BlitzKreig Miniatures Mk VIB Light tanks and eight Empress Spanish Civil War Moroccans base-coated. The Moroccans were also given a coat of Vallejo Sepia Wash.



This morning I was up bright and early - well before Victoria and managed to get the highlights done on four of the Moroccans. After breakfast I gave the Mk VI tanks a sepia was and made a start on the highlights on the second group of four Moroccans.

We went out for a day of sight seeing, first we drove to Constantine Bay and then walked through to Trevoyan Bay and back the long way. We then popped into Padstow for a mooch rounds and a bag of chips from Rick Steins take away. Despite all the foreboding the weather today was fantastic!

Trevoyan Bay 
When we got back I did the highlights on those four Moroccans, base-coated and washed another four and made a start on the highlights on the Mk VI tanks.








8 comments:

  1. Excellent and speedy stuff mate.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting on the Moroccans and the 3 tone camo on the mkvIb looks the business.
    Cheers
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look really good, but I love the Mk VIs. Such improbable-looking tanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers chaps, I've started another two Mk VI and done the highlights on those four Moroccans that had the sepia wash yesterday and base-coated another four this morning - the joys of waking at 06:30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely looking beach. I'm amazed you paint while on vacation too! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dean, I don't usually paint on my holidays, but this is one week of the year where Victoria and I like to get away to Cornwall, of course, given the time of year the weather is not always that good so I always bring plenty to paint and Victoria brings her crochet.

      This is what I was doing this day last year: http://scrivsland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/holiday-painting-update-day-two.html

      And the year before: http://scrivsland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/napoleons-6th-hussars.html

      As you see, I have form :)

      Delete
  6. As long as the long-haired general is happy, there's no issue :-))

    ReplyDelete